Saturday, March 29, 2014

Weekend News

Saturday was the painting party. Jason brought breakfast and then it was go time. Avery took Caleb outside to play in this beautiful weather. They likely stepped in every land mine of dog poop in our yard, but it's worth the sunshine. 

Jason, Josh, and Nana went upstairs and got to it. After a short time my sister in law, Carrie, came to help me. She snuggled babies, while I got a few things done and then took a 40 minute nap. I got up to feed babies and eat lunch, provided by Jess (Aunt Boogie). She made lasagne without mushrooms and black olives, just for me:) 

After lunch I gave baths to Mollie and Will while Carrie was available to snuggle the opposite one. I hate the idea of giving a bath to one while the other fusses. There's no stopping an infant bath. 
After baths I put Caleb down for a late nap. Then my cousin Denise and Uncle Dennis came to meet the babies. I haven't seen them since the beginning of December. The painters finished and left by 4:30pm, with Dennis and Denise leaving shortly after. 

We hung out as the 5 of us for a bit, and then Josh went to Menards and Lowes to get the supplies to install the banister at the top of the stairs. I feel I 'be started to get a good rhythm with Mollie and William, but adding a busy toddler to the mix left me VERY ready for Josh to come home! It didn't help that there were feedings while he was gone, and those were times Caleb wanted help with something. I think we'll be fine with some more prep and practice, I'm glad Caleb continues to go to Daycare for the time being. 

Josh and I were both tired Saturday night from a big day, but the twins had slept in people's arms most of the time, so they were awake and fussy till about midnight. 
Witching hour from 10-midnight?!

We had a nice Sunday morning. Babies were peaceful so I kicked Josh to the couch with them and took Caleb from his bed for snuggles with me. Cartoons with Caleb in my bed.

Nana came late morning to help while Josh started putting up the banister at the top of the stairs. She gave both Caleb and Josh haircuts and helped with laundry. 

So you know the Charter commercial about the guy dancing and it ends with the father - daughter dance? Caleb saw it while we were playing with blocks on the floor. The commercial ended and he wordless pulled my hands up so I would stand with him. I stood, holding his hands, and he started to dance with me, rocking side to side and slowly in a circle. I let him lead for a bit, then I swooped him up and we twirled. A moment I will treasure all my days!!

After Ruthan left everyone took a Sunday afternoon nap. 

We told Caleb that after his nap we'd go on a walk outside. He woke remembering our words and eagerly jumped around as we got ourselves and the babies ready. This was Mollie and Will's first walk. We walked the trail by our home to the Rasmussen Woods bridge then went back via the park. Caleb was thrilled. He was so happy and he did NOT want to leave. A very unhappy boy was seen being strolled away. 





It was quite evening at home. I love days like this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment