Friday, March 14, 2014

Transitioning home

After the 6:30am feeding, Josh sleepily commented, "I don't know how you do this." I replied, "I think we were faster than some of the hospital feedings and I got more sleep between one of the feedings!" He replied, "Exactly. You've been doing this for weeks on so little sleep." I smiled. He doesn't even usually talk before he showers! 

I met our tape and mud guy in my robe this morning while Josh showered. Then I got Caleb up, which he was pretty excited to have me do it again. Josh helped me transition our sleepy babes to the living room and then took Caleb to daycare.

I miss room service. I was hungry by the time Josh got back. He made me an egg sandwich:) I got a quick shower in too.

Then time to nurse again. After this feeding Josh was going to do a few more errands in town. William has been really gassy and hasn't pooped for over two days, so I spent time changing his positions and keeping him comfortable.

Josh wasn't back by the time William showed he was hungry so I fed him! Then I fed Mollie. I was pumping when Josh walked in the door. My first feeding 100% by myself! He was surprised I was already done and I was proud that I was!

We snuggled each a babe in for a nap. Meaning we could nap!! It was a hard, fast sleep!

At 4:15pm I left to pick up Caleb from daycare. I won't get a chance to do that very often for the next month or two, so I volunteered to go since I had just nursed M & W anyway.

Caleb was so happy, and I could carry him to the car. It's been awhile! He loves snuggling in!

At home it was all about...Playing!! puzzles, pretending to be a ghost, soccer, and playing with his baby doll. He disguised his actions, and he pooped in his pull up. I was in the kitchen when I overheard Josh say to Caleb, "I'll give you 5 dollars if you tell Mommy to change your diaper." Josh says stuff to be funny but usually buckles down and gets it done. Suddenly Caleb was in the kitchen and said, "Mommy I pooped." Josh was stunned and started laughing. There's $5 in the piggy bank:)

When I wiped Caleb's butt I thought, "Your butt is so big (in comparison to Mollie and Will's)." Caleb really does seem so big and much older now. People warn you, but like other things with your children, you have to experience it yourself.

I put enchiladas in the oven, changed laundry, and cleaned a little corner of the living room. It was driving me crazy. We're short a bedroom till about April as we finish up the construction upstairs. It's not so bad for the babies, but they have a lot of stuff!! Poor Caleb has shared a lot of his room for their clothes and diapers.

At 6:00 I nursed, and at 6:30 William pooped!! Finally! That gave me a sigh of relief! Two days was a long time and he had been quick to cry (and be soothed) all day due to discomfort. 

Then Nana and Papa came over for some baby snuggles and help rearrange some furniture. Babies were content so I got to play horsey and snuggle with Caleb. Then I put Caleb to bed, the first time in over 3 weeks! 

After the 9:15pm feeding William was uncomfortable. We couldn't go to bed without frequent outburst so I took him to the couch. I slept out there with him and took care of the 3am feeding by myself so josh could sleep. Not as perfect as the  first nigh, but it went well. I just got a little less sleep,  


No comments:

Post a Comment