Monday, March 24, 2014

Approaching due date

Monday:
After Josh and Caleb left for the day, I slept on the couch for a good nap until the 9:00 AM Feeding. My mom, Oma, came at that time to help. She helped with the feeding, and then I was able to take a nap. At noon I did side lying nursing and then pumped. Pumping is getting a little old. I look forward to dropping that slowly, starting in a month or so. 
 
Then a friend and church member, Jackie, dropped off an easy lunch and ready to eat snacks for this busy mama. Jackie is also the mother of a student, Noah. He came in with her for the quick visit. He got to see the babies and said, "There are going to be some really jealous people because I got to see the babies." You could tell he was happy about being able to see the babies.

I had a late Lunch of leftovers with Oma and Grandpa Gene. They had held Mollie and Will while I finally showered. 

Oma and Grandpa left and I got a nap on the couch. I woke when Caleb and Josh came home. A good hour!

Papa and Nana came to visit. Papa is leaving for work and will be gone for over a week. He needed his Mollie & Will fix. 

Caleb had fun building robots with Duplos. It is wonderful to see his play become more intentional and specific. He is really an individual. So fun to witness his development. 

Tuesday
Caleb dressed in a sleepy, snuggly state. I enjoy the mornings it works for me to wake him . As I open the door he sings, "Hi Mom!" And I chime, "Hi Caleb," back. It's our thing. 

Alyssa, a babysitter on spring break,  came to snuggle babies. I also had a Home Health appointment. Home health nurse, Gloria, also has twins, 1 boy and 1 girl. Also a son three years older. We had lots to think about. We weighed the babes. 
William 7lbs 5 oz, up 9 ounces from Friday at Dr Benson's office. 
Mollie 7 pounds even, up 10 ounces.

Cousin Josie came to snuggle babies this afternoon. We each had a babe on a couch. I got a 20 min snooze on the couch, nursed, and then we had bath time. Josie left me with sleeping babies so I took care of bills, some email, sorted mail, and a load of laundry started. I had a taste of the old normal life.
Josh and Caleb came home. Caleb brought home a painting and told me all the colors.

Caleb then wanted some snuggles. "Sit with you mommy?! My bruder? So cute!" Each time he comes up to the babies he gently strokes their head and says in a 'baby voice', "So cute..." Adorable!

Josh not feeling the best. He needs more sleep. 

WEDNESDAY
Oma came again so I could get some good sleep. Thank goodness for Spring Break!! 
Josie came again at noon to snuggle with Mollie this time. 
Aunt Carrie, Josie's mom, came with lunch for us. Then I was able to shower! 
My friend Heather brought us a meal. I love egg bake! It makes me think of Easter at Bernadotte. 
Aunt Boogie stopped after work bearing gifts. Here are some pictures she took.
Josh says William looks like a Tibetan monk; a Dali Lama in training. :)

Tonight Caleb wore Captain America pajamas, which made it easy to go to bed. We "flew" to bed and just like that he was in bed and tucked in with prayers and kisses. 

William and Mollie had a rough evening of fussiness. Our patience tested. We held out and made it sanely through the night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment