Thursday, February 20, 2014

Practice run

Wednesday afternoon I got a shiny floater in my eye. After about 10 minutes it finally disappeared. Then an hour later my left thumb went numb. It was two very odd symptoms, so on the advice of my mother I called the clinic right before it closed. They said to come into Urgent Care at the clinic, knowing that they may send me to the ER or 5th floor (maternity). 

Josh wasn't home yet, so I called Nana to love on Caleb while I went in. Josh met me there. My blood pressure was high for me, but not dangerous. However due to the stage of my pregnancy and twins, Urgent Care decided to check me in at the ER and take me up to 5th floor for monitoring. 

They hooked me up to contraction and fetal heart rate monitors. The also did lab tests. Babies looked good, and I had mostly small contractions, with a couple I definitely felt! Labs came back good with just low hemoglobin, so I got a prescription for iron. After an hour of monitoring, my blood pressure lowered back to normal. So with all the good results I was discharged. 

I had a wonderful nurse taking care of me, Rita. She stayed extra to discharge me. She was so reassuring and kind. She answered my questions very patiently. I felt blessed to have such a knowledgeable woman keeping an eye on my babies and me. 

Because we didn't get discharged until about 8:45pm, Caleb is sleeping over at Nana Miller's. She told Josh that Caleb asked to go to bed:) I'm glad he is doing so great. It's another peace of mind that he does well if he is at someone else's house. 

All in all our trial hospital run went very well. I'm back to bed, drinking fluids and resting. Here's to babies growing and my body handling it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment