Monday, February 17, 2014

34.5 weeks

Ouch! My skin is so smooth from stretching to its limits, it shines waxy looking. My belly no longer curves round, but rather has its own landforms of mountains sticking out, underneath being butts, feet, or heads. Sitting, laying, or standing takes frequent readjustment for my back and hips. I can do little to ease this discomfort other than use our overworked heating pad and pillows. The tougher battle is my mental state. To give in to the symptoms listed above would mean a weepy and depressed Bri. Instead I try to focus on the health of the babies being so good and the snuggles I get with Caleb. It's hard to read right now, and I don't nap in the afternoon so that I can better sleep at night. I sleep in/nap each morning to get the needed rest. Luckily, the Olympics have kept me occupied! Last week I didn't have anyone for lunch or a daytime visit which made the days feel overwhelming and long. I didn't realize until Friday morning. Luckily, I did have supper from my friend and coworker, Meghan, and both my mother-in-law and mom came a night. Caleb is here and keeps me company, and busy, in the evenings too. 

Today I had a 1.5 hour ultrasound. The bigger the babies get the harder it is for them to see and measure everything, which means more pressure to get the pictures they need. The technician was very sweet, but it was quite uncomfortable. We had a dome pillow for under my legs, and she stopped to let me adjust, but it still wasn't great. The good part was every picture led to good news. They did the biophysical profile again, and again each baby got 8 out of 8 points. Each baby is measuring about a week ahead, give or take of course. And baby boy is 5lbs 10oz, and baby girl is 6lbs., give or take a pound. That means they are 5-7 pounds! Wow! They are still doing a great job at their practice breathing, and their heartbeats are strong. Their heads are big like Caleb's and measure about a week ahead of everything else. I really don't need to push out two 15cm heads. Once with Caleb was enough. 

When Dr Taylor came in he was thrilled and said, "Way to go! 8 out of 8!" I then showed him the Olympic results card for the Taylor Twinathalon between his other two patients with twins and me. He had a good laugh! We're all due within three days of each other. No one has had their babies yet, which is amazing. I'm going for the silver:)

Taylor checked and said I was about 3.5cm dialated and 70% effaced. Because we're post 34 weeks and babies are doing well, he has no concerns that I'm that far. If I go into labor we won't stop anything. It could be soon or it could be another 3 weeks. He doesn't think I'll make it that long, but delivery prediction isn't a way to make money:) Dr. Taylor won't let me go longer than 38 weeks. To be honest I'm worried how big both babies would be in another 3 weeks. I am amazed by my body, but I don't need to be SUPER amazed:) Plus I would like to deliver them naturally, and that's more likely if they aren't 9lbs+ each:) 

Most nights Josh runs upstairs to work on the upstairs bedroom and bathroom. It's not easy to have the stress of the remodel and the babies coming any day, but we are handling it fairly well. We deal with it each separately so we don't add more stress to each other. I trust his remodeling decisions and he trusts that I'm doing what I need to grow babies:) I look forward to the upstairs done as much as the babies being here so family time returns. When Josh is downstairs he wrestles with Caleb and Woody in ways I can't. He's such a great Daddy! 

I'm so blessed to have so many friends and family praying for us and supporting us as we are now in the final stretch (literally). I'm so grateful and praise God for his blessings and good health on our family during all of this. 

With all that being said, it is my prayer now that babies come in their time, AND that God gives me the strength and endurance to handle it, physically, emotionally, and mentally. 

Baby A and Baby B, we can't wait to meet you and love you. Be good to each other in there, and we'll see you soon!

Mommy/Bri


 


No comments:

Post a Comment