Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birth Day! Part 2

Will be edited by Josh soon. He remember some of this day better than me. 
Part 2:
In the new room we adored the babies, did some nursing, and pumping. I was still managing the pain of my hip and cramps, but it was much more tolerable. One beautiful distraction was the bouquet Bob and Ruthan sent. It was very fragrant. About 4:00pm my mom left to try to get home in the light. 
After supper, Nana brought Caleb, Aunt Boogie, and cousin Lincoln to meet the babies. Caleb came in asking, "Mommy! What happened?" He was concerned about me and all the bracelets on my wrist. He thought they were for owies. I assured him they were ok. At first he just inspected the room and pointed out the cribs are for sleeping babies. After a bit of distraction he did peek in on Mollie and William. After a while the babies opened their eyes and Caleb commented, "Babies awake!"
Josh was holding them and said, "Yea, they woke up to see you."
"To see me?!" Caleb exclaimed. "Play with me? Play with me? Babies come get me. Come get!" He started to run away from the babies, looking back ate them. 
We told him they couldn't get him, but he could tickle the babies. So he went over there and said, "Tickle, Tickle." 
Josh pretended that the babies laughed. 
So cute!
Sadly two toddlers in a small hospital room isn't very easy and so we had to say goodbye. 
Tonight Josh stayed at the hospital with me, sleeping on the couch. Not the most comfortable evening for me, but he was there for the early morning doctor rounds on Friday then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment