Friday, June 6, 2014

Wrap up April with 2 month visit

Post Birthday and Easter weekend I was in recovery mode. The cakes, the cleaning, the prep, the loading and unloading the car, all of it...drained me. Luckily a dear friend, Betty T, came twice the following week to give me a nap! I am so grateful! She's a retired nurse, which part of her time was in the hospital nursery, so I knew the babies were in expert care.

April 21 I took Mollie and William to their two month appointment, by myself! Oh baby! I kind of feel a certain amount of pride and sense of accomplishment. I have to fill out a questionaire for each child, each being a 4 page document. Yikes! Definitely something I fill out before I get to the appointment. One of the questions is "Describe your child's personality:" Hmm...you might think this is a silly question for a 2 month old, but I took it as a challenge to find the best description words, with a good spin. I have practice with this considering all the progress reports I write for my students:) So considering will is a needy and fussy child, with enough relief for it not be something I can't manage, I wrote: "Expressive." When I think of Mollie I think of her strong gaze and stares. So for her I wrote: "Contemplative." I hope the nurse smiles reading those words about my 2 month old babies.

I talked to Dr. Benson about taking eliminating dairy from my diet. He said to give it a try! He is again pleased with their growth and development. Mollie is 20.25" long (1%tile), 9lbs. (5%tile), and head measurement of 15" (46%tile). If we adjust her numbers and count her as 3 weeks instead of 8, based on when she would have been full term, her measurements put her in the 15th percentile for height, 45th percentile for weight, and 60%tile for head circumference. William is 21" long (1%tile), 10.2lbs (8%tile), and head measurement of 15.25" (39%tile). His adjusted measurements put him in the 45%tile for height, 70%tile for weight, and 75%tile for head circumference. They are doing great! This was their first appointment with shots, which made me a bit nervous to be alone, but I knew I could get help from the wonderful nurses. We love Dr. Benson's nurse Katie, and we could have asked our favorite receptionist, Lindsey, to come back too. Katie and another nurse came in to administer a drink vaccination and three shots to each child. The tray with all of that on it was a bit intimidating. Both tolerated it super well. Both were done crying within a minute. Whew. I was able to pack them up and meet Josh to go shopping for a piece of furniture on our way home.
                    Pre-appointment
                     Waiting for shots!


The 23rd was Josh's birthday and sadly the only thing I could get to our house for him was sour dough bread. He loves it, and I felt limited since I have gone dairy free. That night though a gift was that my friend Kayla came and watched babies so we could go to bed!

Happy birthday, Josh. I told you while I was still pregnant that I was grateful we are where we are in our marriage while adding twins to our family. We are in a 'good spot'. This good spot comes from us making an effort to communicate, having patience, and senses of humor:) I am so grateful you are my confidant, my best friend, and true love. I'm so glad you were born, and God designed our lives to prepare us for one another, and then join us so well together.

This weekend I took Caleb and his cousin Eli to the park with Mollie and Will. It was a little chilly so we didn't stay too long, but was nice to get out of the house. 

On April 28 was my school's annual big fundraiser. The weather was rainy and cold so we weren't sold on going but decided to pack us all up in the end. They have a DJ and Caleb had a valet dancing with me! I will cherish these years as they will not likely last! Caleb has got some moves too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment