Thursday, June 26, 2014

End of the school year

It is the first week of June and the last week of school. I'm not there but I know the many activities and excitement are filling these days. Every year Bridges has a huge All School Picnic. I was bummed not to attend but outdoors (Jack McGowan's Farm) for a long period of time with the babies wasn't something I felt I was quite ready for by myself and a porta-potty. I thought about it but it rained all weekend and I wasn't sure the double stroller would handle the terrain well.

Tuesday was the talent show which is always truly full of talent. It's almost like America's Got Talent because there is such a variety of acts. I didn't stop though.

Wednesday I made it to school. Nana came to watch babies while I went to the award ceremony. I'm grateful she can come and stay with them so I could focus my attention on my students awards and the whole ceremony. 

I came home and after an hour, was able to feed babies and myself, and then I walked to school with the babies. We attended the 6th grade graduation. These sixth graders were my first 3rd grade class when transferring to Bridges. I wanted to be there to say goodbye.

After the graduation it was dismissal and many little fingers and faces poked in to see the babies. Mollie and Will tolerates it well. And with that, a school year ends!

Thursday nurse Gloria came to weigh babies again. These kids are growing machines! What miracles we have in our lives!

And just like that, June is off to A busy start. Next week Caleb's schedule will change so that he is home with me except two mornings a week he will still go to child care at Amy's house. He loves her and all the kids. They are usually outside all morning, so I know he is playing hard and having fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment