Friday, June 6, 2014

It's May!

May 2: My 30th Birthday! The day started well. Mollie and Will gave me a synchronized nap time so I got to shower in peace. My cousin, Andrea, stopped by on her way to her dad's to meet Mollie and William. I haven't seen her since last summer, so it was wonderful to catch up! Then my mom brought me lunch and her co-workers, Gina and Emily, came to snuggle babies. OF course after they left Mollie and William really didn't want to NOT be held, but we found a comfortable spot to snuggle.

Caleb did a great job of wishing me a happy birthday throughout the evening. He was very sweet! I grabbed a lot of snuggles from him.

Josh planned my birthday party on Saturday, May 3rd. He made and arranged all the food to be dairy free and delicious! He even made dairy free cupcakes! Family helped with a few items and some cleaning. My step-sisters both couldn't actually make the party, but stopped by in the morning to wish me a Happy Birthday. Josh asked people to gift me 30 items of something if possible. My inlaws gave me 30 Lindt chocolate balls. That will be a great celebratory treat when I stop breast feeding and have dairy again! My parents gave me 30 books from my childhood. I remembered them so well. One I remember loving that I got from a book order in elementary school called, "Gus the Bus." I'm such a nerd:) From Josh I will have a Liv Aveda Spa Day next Friday, May 9th. Can't wait!

By the way, have I mentioned Caleb is fully potty trained. A couple days ago, a switch flipped and he tells when he needs to go. He's suddenly so old and big without the diaper changes! Way to go, Caleb!


Caleb loved playing with his cousins and they used Caleb's new bubble machine from my cousin Andrea. It's a good one!

The first 30 years of my life have left me feeling completely, undeservedly blessed! By age of 30 I have been married 5 years, in my career for 8 years, a homeowner, a mother of three, and surrounded by family and friends. God has been faithful! Not every day or memory I have has been pleasant or easy, but it has led me here...a very beautiful time in my life. Currently I am exhausted, but for all the right reasons. It's worth it! I pray the next decade to be full of the right kind of busy that is meaningful and full of love. Can't wait!

A few snapshots of the week:
Pirate Baby!
Peek!
We're tired!
Climbing trees at daycare in the rain! 
A stretch and smiles
A flower baby?
Tummy time!
I do tummy time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment