Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Caleb's Birthday Party Day - April 18

Caleb was happy to get up this morning. He knew it was time to celebrate!


He has been obsessed with birthdays so we're relieved it's finally his! He loves the excitement, the opening of presents, and CAKE! He likes treats but is really a grapes, carrots, and broccoli kind of kid. However, cake is his weakness. He's been asking for birthday cake this last week, knowing it is coming:)

Caleb took the dirt cake to daycare and they all loved it. They actually sent me a video saying thank you. Amy, our provider, is awesome. While Caleb was away at daycare, I frantically got things ready. We had to go to Plan B and my mom came for an hour before having a lunch with family in town, so I could run to the store to get the frosting from HyVee bakery for the cake. She did a few things for me while I was gone and I returned as quickly as possible. Of course right after she left, both babies woke. So I switched them every 15 minutes for awhile. One was in the bouncy seat and one was in the carrier. William really likes the carrier. It was probably quite the scene with me frosting a cake in front of myself with a baby between me in the cake. The angle was awkward but the Construction Cake was made.


My sister Krista drove in to town for Easter weekend from Colorado. She and our 2nd cousin, Katie drove together. They had lunch with my mom and Katie's parents and then they all came over to see Mollie and William. I put on a hat and cleaned for 10 minutes before they came. Luckily my mom gave me the 15 minute text warning:)

My sister Krista is the last aunt to meet these little ones. She was so excited to meet them. She had seen them only on Skype before this. Krista is a wonderful aunt to Caleb, so I know she will be wonderful with Mollie and William too.

Then due to people's own errands and schedules I had on and off help for the rest of the afternoon. My niece Josie came after a clinical session even and helped chop veggies and fruit. She also made my 4-H Fruit Dip recipe. Josh took a half day off work last minute so that he could help with the grocery shopping of fruit and vegetables. Then at 3:00 he went to pick up Caleb for his 3 year check up.

Caleb did great! He's about 40" tall and 41lbs. He had his blood pressure taken (a Bear Hug), his hearing (birds tweeting in the headphones) and vision (shapes on a wall) checked, and best of all No Shots! He's a healthy and impressive little guy. He was super cooperative with all the tests and Josh was a wonderful daddy guiding and encouraging him through it all.

Caleb came home and told me about the Bear Hug, the birds tweeting, and the doctor looking in his mouth. It was quite exciting. After he was home for a bit, Krista walked in the door. He stopped, registered who it was, and ran to her saying "Kista! Kista!" I cried. He jumped into her arms and snuggled into her. It was so sweet.

The party:
The food was ready and delicious. The menu was pigs in a blanket, fruits & veggies, spinach and strawberry salad, popcorn, Cheetos, and pop/milk/water. All Caleb's favorites.

We sang happy birthday to Caleb and he grinned through the whole thing.



After eating and cake it was time for presents. It was Good Friday so some guests needed to leave for church. Caleb opened each gift, hugging the givers, and loving the whole process. He was great! The last gift was a Big Wheel from Mommy and Daddy. He loves it.


Thank you everyone for your help, love, and gifts. It was a wonderful day and celebration of this little man. We are so grateful he was put in our charge. We learn and love every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment