Sunday, May 18, 2014

Easter celebrations - 2 months!

Easter is such a special holiday. As Christians we celebrate it year round. because Jesus is risen, we can live saved life. A life without fear of death.

Unfortunately that seems to be abstract for Caleb yet. He isn't candy crazy, but he loves 'the hunt' for eggs. He says his prayers and loves to sing 'Jesus Loves Me' with his daddy. 

Easter Saturday: 
My Grandpa and Oma, Caleb's Great Grandpa and Uroma, host Easter each year at their home in Green Isle. My cousin Heather and her husband Christian were there from New York. My Great Aunt Bitti, Great Aunt Holly, and Great Uncle Roger got to meet the babies for the first time too. The Harjes side was also gracious enough to celebrate Caleb's birthday with us again. We had dirt cake for everyone and Caleb opened presents.








Easter Sunday:
We did it! We got to church, before the opening song even, for the early service! Nursing and pumping conflicted with some of my morning routine to get ready, but make up is overrated!
We all sat in the church for the whole service. I don't know that I caught the entire message, but the Spirit filled me! We were at the service with Josh's older brother, Jason and his family.  After the service we took our first nice family picture.



2 months old!

I can't believe Mollie and William are 2 months old! After church we sat them on the couch for their 2 month picture in their Easter outfits. They are now able to sit with little propping. We're still eating every three hours and at times clustering, but we're doing well. I do think that William has a dairy sensitivity. Apparently it is common for babies to have difficulty breaking down the protein in dairy. This causes gastrointestinal discomfort. The only way to help William is by my diet changing. Therefore, I will be going dairy-free. It has nothing to do with lactose, so looking for labels that say lactose-free doesn't help. And actually dairy is hidden in many products so there will be a lot of label reading and education for Josh and me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment