Sunday, April 20, 2014

April 14-17

Monday April 14th
Kayla Koble did a night shift again! Josh stayed up though and continued working on upstairs. He really wants to get that checked off his list!

Tuesday April 15th
This afternoon I took Mollie and Will to meet my students. 
This evening our daycare provider, Amy D, brought a former child care girl, Alayna, and  babysat our three kids. She's gifting us two date nights for our birthdays. How sweet! It was great too because we had no problem leaving. We trust Amy so much and she was well staffed and Caleb was happy to have Alayna and Amy at his house! 
Multiple Blessings dropped off supper - Tater tot hotdish. I enjoyed it as a late supper snack (I'm nursing)! Yum!

Josh and I Had our date at Bonfire, a newer restaurant we had not yet been to.  We had a delicious meal and enjoyed having time to talk! We laughed and truly had a great 'break.'


Wednesday April 16th
Ruthan, Nana, came and I got a nap this morning. Yay! Afterward we followed her to work to show off the babies. 
This evening Oma & Lauren came to help. I had to get some things done for school and next year's order of books. While I did that, these ladies gave 3 baths. For whatever reason I am not a fan of bath time, so this was a huge gift. Plus they were all occupied and I could work at the computer pretty easily. I did nurse while on the computer though:) 


Thursday April 17th
Southern MN Children's Museum did a photography fundraiser in which a professional photographer did 15 minute sessions for $15 with a free 8x10. We decided to take advantage of this to get a family photo. Caleb wanted to go in the studio right away but we had to wait our turn. He did pretty well waiting but it took a lot of coaching. During pictures he did well for an almost 3 year old too. I love that his, "say cheese" smile isn't too bad:) We'll see the pictures in a month and hopefully they look good:)

Supper was dropped off from Multiple Blessings for the last time. I will miss these delicious meals being provided.

Tonight I needed to bake Caleb's birthday cake so that I could freeze for the layering and frosting part. So after he was in bed and before I laid down, I worked in the kitchen. 
I also made Dirt cake for daycare kids. I ate it for the first time at Beth Johnson's childhood birthday party and I've loved it since, but have never made it. I'm excited to make it for Caleb and his friends. It's a cake he can help make in the future, just time was a factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment