Friday, September 30, 2011

Just another week in the Miller household

Caleb seems extra big this week. He's officially in 9 month and 12 month clothes. His smile and cheery disposition seem to brighten everyone's day. Mondays we have ECFE class with about 7 other little ones. Mostly boys, but there are two girls. Most of the other kiddos are crawling or toddling. Caleb can sit with support so we are less mobile. We sit and play while other moms and dads are chasing their little crawlers around. I dread and look forward to the day Caleb crawls. It's a wonderful milestone but it starts a whole new phase of our lives that I'm not sure I can handle. Hopefully our house is as baby proof as I think it is.

Caleb said his accidental first words. Among his many vowels  he says there are starting to be some consonants. Thursday morning in bed Daddy heard "O.K." from Caleb. Not sure what he was agreeing to, but he is a very agreeable baby! So fun to think that soon he will start babbling with more meaning and then it will be words. But Daddy is guessing his first sentence will be "Feed Me!"

This week we had supper with Great Grandpa Melvin and friend Gladys at Old Main. Caleb showed off his smile and giggle once again. He charmed many of the residents.

My childhood friend, Beth, married a distant relative of mine, so we are now related. She had a baby girl on Thursday night, Brenna Anne. What a beautiful little girl! Caleb and Brenna are third cousins. We went to visit them Friday after school. Caleb was more interested in the big people than Brenna. I don't think he realized Brenna was actually there. She was so little and covered up. It will be fun to see what he thinks the next time he sees her.



I have known Beth my whole life and for some reason the birth of her daughter has got me giddy and choked up. I am so thrilled for Beth to become a mom! Now that I know the thrills and struggles, the birth of babies and women becoming mothers means so much more to me. Congratulations Beth! Brenna is beautiful!






No comments:

Post a Comment