Saturday, September 3, 2011

Papa & Papa Bob's birthday

As many of you know I was an exchange student in Germany my junior year of high school. Best 10 months of my teenage life! Such a blessing to have that experience and to be placed with such a wonderful host family. Kurt and Renate (Papa and Mutti) Dohmen were wonderful host parents and truly invited me into their family. I have gone back many times to see them and they have come to visit. Last summer they came to meet Josh and I was in my first trimester of my pregnancy with Caleb. Since Caleb has been born we have skyped and kept in touch via Facebook. They print pictures of Caleb and post them in the kitchen...their American grandchild. We hadn't skyped in a long time and they finally got to see him Sunday, August 28th. We of course couldn't get the sound to work, but at least they got to see him and then hear him over the phone. It was great to have Papa and Mutti see Caleb live again. He has so much more personality now. Of course it seemed to be a morning that was atypical for Caleb seeing as he was a little "needy," but I think he was still recovering from the State Fair. Anyway....great to reconnect with my German family.

Then we went to Nana and Papa's house to celebrate Papa's birthday. Nana and Papa were traveling last week so we hadn't gotten a chance to celebrate yet. Caleb was in a great mood and loved being with his extended Miller family!
Caleb with the birthday boy
He loves his keys!

Cousin Josie

A goofy grin (adorable) with Uncle Jason

Cousin Avery came to chat while we ate dinner

Showing off his toe-grabbing trick

Cousins Eli and Avery were having some fun

Playing at the table on Aunt Boogie's lap

Sundays seem to always be with family! We are blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment