Saturday, October 1, 2011

Come on you Gusties!

9 years ago I walked into Co-Ed on the Gustavus campus and met my roommate, Megan. 9 years ago! 9 years ago I met most of my college friends that are dear to me today! I had my 5 year reunion today during Homecoming weekend. Where has the time gone? Walking around campus the memories and lingo came flooding back. A pit stop by Echo Circle, The Caf, Co-Ed, and the Dive. Even though I haven't spent much time on campus since graduation, it still felt like home and a place I belong!:)

Caleb and I got onto campus at 9:45am and we left at 5:00pm. I didn't anticipate staying so long, but hanging out on campus feels so natural that the time passes quickly. We started out at Mattson Hall in the Education Department. While at Gustavus the Education Department was first in Old Main and then moved to Mattson Hall. Sounds like they will be moving again to a more permanent home in a couple years. After some great conversation with Ed Major friends and professors, Caleb and I headed to The Bookmark. The Bookmark is the college's gear and bookstore. Caleb didn't have any Gustie gear yet so we had to find something his size. Lucky for Gustavus we found an adorable zip up "Gustavus Adolphus" sweatshirt. Then we walked by the new Football Field! Nice place!


We then walked over to the new academic building, Beck Hall. Wow! What a great building! And Gustavus is working on become water bottle-less, so they have Brita filtration systems built in! So cool!

Caleb also fell asleep in his first college classroom. What a scholar!

Daddy, Josh, joined us and we stopped by Grandpa Mark Monson's tree. Caleb thought it was the prettiest tree on campus. He wore his new Gustie gear for the picture.
Tree plaque: Give in Memory of Mark Wallace Monson '76
Then we headed to the reunion tent. We saw lots of friends and they all got smiles and giggles from Caleb. They even had Frost Your Own Cookies! This was a great initiation for Josh and Caleb. YUM!

Three of my dear friends have had babies in the last year as well. Leah had Lydia, Andrea had Hudson, and Marit had Soren. So fun to have the blankets, carriers, and strollers around. The babes were all sleeping or eating at different times though so we didn't get a picture of the babies. Leah, Andrea, and I quick snagged one pic though.

Then my friend Anna and I spent some time in the cafeteria. Oh the dear old Caf. We had some pizza and I think Gustavus officially has the best pizza! Yummmm! Anna had fun with Caleb too. He was such a great boy all day!



But all good things must come to an end and we had to head home. I think Caleb's first excursion to Gustavus was a big hit!


2 comments:

  1. Jealous! Looks like you had a great time. I wish I could have made it...although I also had a great time today with the fam at the Renaissance Festival. We should plan another date soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the picture with the cookie, Caleb really looks like you. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete