Saturday, October 8, 2011

A wonderful warm fall!

We have been blessed with a gorgeous fall in Minnesota and I wish we had more free daylight hours to spend outside. Luckily Caleb gets to be outside at daycare. They go out in the mornings now and stay inside in the afternoon due to the little black bugs (no-see-ums) that like to bite.

Sunday, October 2nd, Josh took Caleb to Nana and Papas so that Mommy could have some alone time. I had a list of things that I wanted to get done, but in the 100 minutes I ended up having, I got the dishes washed, changed a load of laundry, did computer stuff for 20 minutes, showered, dressed, and got a gallon of milk. Not the productivity I had been hoping, but the gesture was still appreciated.

Nana and Papa got to feed Caleb his sweet potatoes and rice cereal and then snuggle him to sleep. I came and unfortunately snatched him up. We then took a beautiful drive to Oma and Grandpa Gene's house. We had lunch there and Caleb sat in the high chair at the table. Then Oma fed him and read to him. What a luckily guy!


Then we went outside for a photo shoot. Here are the highlights:
Do you see the eyebrow raised?


Hmm...I'm going to taste it again after Mommy told me it wouldn't taste good.








We exhausted Caleb and he recovered with a nap. Meanwhile Oma and Mommy got to work. We took out the apple peeler/corer and made two apple crisps. Oma had picked their apple trees earlier and the Miller family loves apples:) I was only too eager to make some apple crisp. Caleb took a 45 minute nap and then had to be part of the action too.
Awesome contraption to help the process go more quickly!
Caleb had to be part of the action

Apple Crisp Extraordinaire!

Grandpa Gene played with Caleb on the kitchen floor

Finished product


What a perfect fall day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, Bri. Little Caleb is growing fast. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete