Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 2, 2011 Century Farm

I am proud of my farming roots and consider myself a country girl. My mother's family has had the same for 100 years. My great uncle and aunt, Roger and Holly Harjes, live on my great-grandmother's family (Thalmann) farm. It is a registered Century Farm! I don't know who will take it over after my great aunt and uncle, but for now it is a family farm that hold many memories. My sister and brother-in-law got married at the pond on the farm even.
Below are some pictures of family and reminiscing.
Great Aunt Holly and Great Uncle Roger Harjes...finalizing set up.

Remembrance service down at the pond.

Having fun at the pond with Caleb.

The Miller Green Family

The summer kitchen and addition at the pond.

On the bed is a horse hair blanket that they wore in the sleigh to church in the winter.
Butter churn

Someone help me. My great-great-great grandparents? I know it is Dietrich Harjes

The original farm site before the barn burned down in 1950.

The current farm site, the bond, Uncle Bob's farm site, and then my grandpa's place behind that. All three brothers in one aerial picture.

The farm house

My mom remembering the planter. Riding behind and filling the planter and making sure it didn't jam up.

The first tractor my mom drove

Mom modeling the corn planter. Farmers are hard workers!

My mom and her siblings, Tom and Tina, sharing memories

The traditional front step picture

The summer kitchen full of antiques

My grandpa, William Harjes Jr. His one year picture and his high school graduation.

Thanks for some of the pictures Britta!

No comments:

Post a Comment