Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A growing boy!

Caleb has officially pulled my hair. Last week Monday he had a fist full that I needed to very carefully loosen from his grip. He starting to grab at things, when he wants to. Otherwise he's quite content to continue looking around and be observant. I can't wait for him to reach out all the time, but I know I'll regret those words as he starts putting everything he reaches in his mouth:)

We're using his chew toys. He's had some crabby moments that I think are due to his teeth moving. Nothing too official to see in his mouth, but he's satisfied to chew his pacifier, a teething ring or two, and his or my finger.


He's now wearing 6 month clothes. Tomorrow he is 3 months old, but he's doubling the size of his clothing! I'm not prepared for this! But we still have enough clothes thanks to gifts and a few hand-me-downs, but I think we're starting to catch up to our beneficiary.

Caleb was without his grandparents this last week. Oma and Grandpa are in Korea and Nana and Papa were in Vancouver. He managed, but he had some tough moments. He can't wait to see them again though! He needs to snuggle with all four of them again before he'll truly feel alright again.

While they were gone, Caleb got to go tutoring with Mommy. We also went out to Oma and Grandpa's to take care of Mocha (their lab), take care of the garden and flowers, and empty dehumidifiers (especially with all the rain and humidity!).

We spent some time with Uncle Garrett since he was down to mow while the grandparents were gone. We went shopping with him and while he was trying on clothes we played peek-a-boo!



We also had fun visiting friends: Ralph and Eda Engles. They are neighbors to Oma and Grandpa that have been influential people in Mommy's life. Caleb impressed them. We also visited Perry and Betty Thompson who are two of Mommy's favorite people too!




Great Grandpa and Uroma came to visit to help ease Caleb's pain of missing his grandparents. HE LOVES THEM! Uroma read a German picture book to him.



Oh what fun to be growing...and have air conditioning!
In such big boy clothes!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the peek-a-boo!I can't wait to play that with him! He's so blessed to have lots of friends and family to adore him while the grandparents are all away. He'll be adored equally while he visits Colorado! :)

    ReplyDelete