Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rain and Sun

Caleb did a week of sleeping 6 hours in a row! Woohooo! But now he's back to 4.5 hours at the most. Keep praying:)

This hasn't been the summer I envisioned. I imagined that Caleb and I would be able to go on a late afternoon or evening walk every day on the trail right by our house. Well the rain has had other plans. Last week was very rainy. To break it up a bit we went to the cities on Thursday and met up with my cousin Denise and her daughter Denna for a snack and then had supper with Caleb's aunt Greta. She even sent us home with fresh strawberries and jam. On our way home we went to a MonaVie tasting and it was wonderful to see those friends again. I hadn't seen some of them since the beginning of April!! It was great to reconnect with a company I love!

Finally the weather changed on Friday. It was glorious to see the sun! Caleb and I went to our first baseball game of the season. We watched cousin Avery play at Caswell fields. Meanwhile Daddy went fishing and caught his biggest Musky yet! Such wonderful things happen when the sun shines:) Saturday was more baseball and we finally bought Daddy's father's day present....a WEED WHACKER! Boy was he excited!

He likes the game!

Sunday Caleb wore his first "separates" outfit. He had his shorts and t-shirt on.

That morning we were at Nana and Papas. Caleb was a very happy boy!

Then we went out to Oma & Grandpa's and played Frisbee golf after dinner. I hadn't played before and came in last place, but shocked myself that I didn't trail too far. The one lost disc wasn't mine!! Caleb bounced along with us in his stroller sleeping through it all. I have to say I was impressed with our stroller. Due to the rain it was a little soft and the bumpy lawn in the country didn't make it an easy trail either...but we forged ahead. Caleb got a vibrating massage:) He also had fun tummy time with Oma.


Monday Caleb and I had morning coffee with Dani. She leaves soon for the East coast so we had to say our goodbyes. The next time she sees Caleb he will be running around I'm sure!

From there we went up to Shakopee to see Great Aunt Joanne and Cousin Denise. We finished sorting and dividing my Grandma's things. It was bittersweet to drive away. I was glad the task was done but it made me miss her. I'm glad to have some of her things to remember her by. What a lady!

Caleb and I started cloth diapers last week and it is going very well! He looks good and it really isn't difficult. I don't put them on when we go out and about, but at home we're doing great! It's nice to save a little money.

1 comment:

  1. he is meeting lots of people, sounds like a great summer! We look forward to reconnect this weekend. love,
    Uroma and Greatgrandpa

    ReplyDelete