Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Family Time

This morning we had 10 week pictures with my good friend Kayla. Look for those pictures coming soon!

This afternoon we went to Grandma Norma's memorial at Oak Terrace in Gaylord. It was a very nice service. We sang some of Grandma's favorite hymns and they had a nice message about her faithfulness despite any sadness or tragedy sent her way. That is something I will always remember about Grandma. She sent me her faith statement while I was in Germany and it is one of my most prized possessions.

After the memorial service we visited Grandma's former roommate, Marvel. She has a new roommate now who is very sweet. I hope to visit them again. Marvel's roommate hears a lot of stories about Grandma it seems. She has a lot to live up to according to Marvel. Joanne, Marvel, the new roommate, Caleb and I had afternoon coffee which only seemed fitting in Grandma's memory. Caleb of course got more attention and shared his smiles in return.


Then we had supper with Great Uncle Dennis, and cousins Denise and Denna. Caleb has a lot of people who love him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment