Monday, June 20, 2011

2 months!

What a big boy he is!

Yesterday, on Father's Day, was technically his two month benchmark. Here he is with his daddy:) And such a good daddy he is!

Here he is with his buddies marking the 2 month milestone.

Today was his 2 month appointment and I braced myself for the shots. Caleb waited patiently for the doctor...

but I think he knew something was up :)

On 6/20/2011 Caleb measured 24 inches long (86%), 13.8 pounds (91%), and head 16.5 inches (91%). He is proportionate and good sized. Dr. B said that Caleb is a good looking kid and we should have 7 or 8 of them. haha! I told him we'd work on it.

Then we waited for the nurse to come with the shots. Caleb was a little fussy because he was tired so I held him and kept him calm. In came the nurse with a drink vaccine first. She told me it was thick and sticky, and that it might be difficult for him since he has only ever had breastmilk. BUT...he sucked it down like a champ. She was impressed and I praised Caleb for impressing the ladies. Then came the shots. The nurse said she didn't need my help so I kept my face looking at Caleb and held his hands. He cried a good cry. Luckily she was quick and I could scoop him up and swaddle him. As soon as he was swaddled and had his numchuck (our nickname for the nuk) he calmed in my arms. But he still had some crocodile tears left in his eyes. Made my heart hurt.

But overall I am proud of my little guy. He was a little tender today but nothing a little love and snuggles wouldn't cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment