Monday, June 6, 2011

7 weeks

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since Caleb entered this crazy beautiful world and I can't believe how big he is! I am so happy to shower him with kisses each day and night. Right now he is talking to me from his bouncy chair and I am talking right back. The conversation is quite thrilling...he's so smart!


Josh left Friday morning, early, for a week long fishing trip. While I was teary Thursday night thinking about Josh being gone so long, Caleb and I are keeping busy enough to not dwell on his absence. Caleb is such a good baby it's not too hard to take care of him:) But we will be ecstatic to welcome Daddy home this Friday.



This past week has been another busy one! Saturday we were at a shower of my co-worker and her baby girl. Her daughter, Lauren, was born two days after Caleb. They are only two days apart but they were born with a 2 lbs difference as well. So they look very different, but both very beautiful babies!

After that we went to my cousin's son's Eagle Scout Ceremony and Graduation party. My cousin Denise held him the whole time. My cousin is about 20 years old than me and once someone asked her if Caleb was her grandson and once someone asked if Caleb was her first child. Haha! I guess you never can tell these days!

Saturday night to Sunday we stayed at my parents' home. Caleb loved the time with his grandparents, and Uncle Garrett was home too. Grandpa Gene and Oma were happy to have him too. Caleb went up for children's sermon on Sunday. He was wide eyed and talking through the whole thing:)

Today, Monday, is HOT! It's 100 degrees in the shade. Thank goodness I put on the air conditioning last night! We held out that long at least. I think that's the longest we've held off...June 5th! We ran two errands late this morning and then made it home for a nap. Late afternoon a friend her two children came to meet Caleb and drop off a meal! What a blessing! Then Caleb took his first HAPPY bath. He has gotten used to his bath but today he SMILED during it. He smells so good right now....ahhh.

While my friend's children were looking at books I pulled out the two Hallmark recordable books we have in Caleb's book basket. One is Josh's Grandma Norma reading "Bright and Beautiful" and one is my Grandma Norma reading "The First Christmas." I am so glad we have that recorded book being read by my grandma. It made me miss her today even more.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter but we're going to try and go to the school picnic at Jack McGowan's farm in the morning (before it gets too hot). Wish us luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment