Saturday, November 26, 2011

1st Thanksgiving

Last year at this time my belly had finally popped and I looked pregnant. I flew to Ohio to have Thanksgiving with the Millers and returned to grieve the loss of my Great Uncle Bob Harjes. A year has passed and there has been more loss with the death of my Grandma Norma Monson. But there has been a big gain...Caleb Thomas Miller. I am thankful for him and the joy he brings to my life. Even though some beloved family members are not with us this holiday, we remember them and rejoice in their eternal feast and thanksgiving!

Tuesday was my first day off of school and so I did a little craft project with Caleb. We made Thanksgiving cards for grandparents and great-grandparents. We also made one for Amy, our daycare provider. We are truly thankful for her and the great care Caleb receives.
Caleb's hand print turkey and mommy's Snickers:)

We then drove out to her house where a lot of school age kids joined the regular other 5 boys she cares for. Caleb had a blast seeing some of his friends that he hasn't seen since the first day of school.
Eli and Caleb, held by Alyssa and Tyler. Caleb is 5 months younger than Eli.

We also needed a picture with Amy. We gave her a candle holder and her Thanksgiving card. She loved it, but not as much as she loves Caleb!
This was a great kickoff to the Thanksgiving Holiday. Thursday we had lunch at Oma and Grandpa Gene's house. Aunt Britta and Uncle Ryan came to visit from Colorado! Woohoo! We also got to Skype with Auntie Lauren in Korea.
Auntie Krista gave me this bib: everyone is thankful for me

Auntie Lauren and Great Grandpa Bill Skyping

Uncle Garrett and soon-to-be Aunt Kayla! Engaged!

Mommy and Aunt Britta

Great Uncle Tom and Caleb


After lunch we headed to Nana and Papa Miller's for snacks and supper. Finally got to see Aunt Jen and Uncle Doug again too! Cousins Sami and Max got sooo big too!
Eating on Thanksgiving Day

Caleb with Green Bean Smile and Aunt Jen

I love being on Daddy's shoulders!

It was an eventful day. Wonderful food, fellowship, and family! Caleb had a hard time winding down from all the fun...or three naps he'd had.

No comments:

Post a Comment