Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home for the Anniversary

Aww so good to be home!

Sunday we really laid low and let people come to us. Nana and Papa had to come and love on Caleb. Boy did they miss him! Jess and Michael (aunt and uncle) missed him too! They can't believe how big he is. Truth be told, we can't either!
Caleb wearing his Junior Ranger hat:)
 Monday we went out to sushi with Auntie Lauren. YUM! We got some chef choices of sushi and some other dishes. No bad decisions in the ordering! I love having the waiters and waitresses smile and adore Caleb. Lauren had a fun time laughing at Caleb's big eyes. It's also too funny, so I have to share...Lauren says that when Caleb is looking at her, he's thinking, "Who's that exchange student?!" I love her sense of humor!! WE LOVE YOU LAUREN!
Chef's choice of sushi and sushi rolls


Very wide-eyed - he's looking at Lauren.

Tuesday, August 2, Josh and I had been married three years. I realized that while we were dating we dreamed and talked about our future and even future kids. Here were are...living the dream! We reminisced about our wedding day. While it was a whirlwind, there are still moments you hold dear to. One of my favorite comments of the day, is that despite many hours of photography, then wedding, and then reception, my mouth didn't hurt from smiling. It was just natural and wonderful all day...couldn't help but smile! Josh made me smile this anniversary with a delivery of flowers:)

Now Caleb updates:
He is grabbing things! He is grabbing his toys and my hair:) I have to be careful. I'm actually debating if I should just cut it since it is in a ponytail all the time now.

We are rocking tummy time and he also loves to kick, kick, kick! I lay down a blanket and his legs could create enough energy to power the house.

Due to tummy time excellence, his head control is great! He likes being thrust into air! He also is big enough for the exosaucer I bought for him two weeks ago (which at that time he wasn't ready).  I thought it would be another month or two before he could use it, but instead he's giggling in it! He loves the toys around it.



On Tuesday I held a 5 day old little girl who was born at 6.5lbs and on Wednesday I held a 4 day old who was 7.5lbs. Caleb was never that big! It really makes it clear how big Caleb is! Time is just flying by and our baby is now a little boy!
Look at that belly!
We also got a chance to see Cousin Denise and Cousin Denna. They love to give Caleb love, so much so that they claim Caleb as their baby!
Cousin Denna and Caleb


Cousin Denise and "her baby"

No comments:

Post a Comment