Monday, August 22, 2011

4 month check up

We have a big, beautiful baby boy! I am so proud of Caleb for growing so well.
His measurements at 4 months on August 22, 2011:
Head: 18" = 99%
Weight: 17.6lbs = 92%
Height: 26" = 86%

I think he has a big head! Haha...99% is the highest it goes!

When our doc walked in he immediately commented on what a big, handsome guy Caleb is and then asked how things were going. I said that Caleb is a happy baby and things are going really well, but I had a few questions. He said, "Great! Let me hear 'em!" I love our doctor. He didn't once make me feel awkward or self-conscious for any question or comment I had. He took my concerns and questions seriously, supported my instincts with affirmations and calmed any concerns with facts of what is normal to expect. LOVE HIM! Now I know how my students feel when someone says, "Good question!"

When it came due for shots, our doc's nurse wasn't the one who walked through the door. She was a younger nurse who will not be doing shots again. Last time our doc's nurse had me stay up by Caleb's head while she prepped all three injection spots, and quick as a whip gave the shots so I could scoop him up and dry his tears. This time the nurse asked me to help her hold his legs down and she prepped one leg, gave one shot, then prepped the next leg, and gave a shot. LONGEST MINUTE OF MY LIFE! Poor guy!

He was hard to calm continuously. He would calm a bit and then remember what happened and whimper again. Finally I put him in his car seat and stroller and we walked outside for a bit for him to calm before going home. It was beautiful day and it didn't take the rumble of the stroller for him to get a calmness about him.

Caleb does have a small rash on the back of his neck, so he was prescribed a light dose of a steroid cream. My sister, Krista, was with me when we were picking up the prescription. I said, "My baby boy is on steroids!" She was sitting next to him in the back seat, looked at him, and casually said, "He looks like it." I had a good laugh over that one!

Krista watched him while I tutored for an hour. She did a great job with him! They played and she held him while he cried himself into a nap. She is so gifted when working with kids!

Keep growing Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment