Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Daycare...success!

Last night I packed the paperwork, cloth and disposable diapers, extra clothes and pacifier, and hat. I didn't know what I would all need, but I was bound and determined to be prepared. I ate breakfast and packed the frozen breast milk and was ready to go...physically.

For Caleb it was a typical happy morning, but for me it was a milestone. First morning of daycare. It would only be 3.5 hours, but it marked the beginning of a new routine and norm for us. I was just getting out of the shower when I heard Caleb talking in his crib. I was still able to get dressed and ready (not that I take any time anyway) before Caleb ever fussed. I changed his diaper and him. Fed him and we were ready. I packed my stuff, his stuff, and you thought we were going away for a weekend:) haha!

We drove 7 minutes and got to Amy's house. I opened the door and Caleb gave me a grin

Then we walked by the playset and huge lawn that Caleb will some day run around in, and to the house.



He immediately had lots of little friends huddled around.

I left him happy in a bouncy seat and surrounded by love.

As I walked out my throat felt a little thick, and I had "emotion" behind my eyes, but I knew he was in good hands and having a whole new adventure!

Thanks Amy for loving my little guy! People said it would be hard to go back to work, but I said, "I know it will, but I've got a great daycare lady and that's what I'm focusing on!" When I picked him up he had just fallen asleep in her arms. He'd had fun, smiled, gone outside, and drank his bottle like a champ. Amy said she loved him...and I was happy!


1 comment:

  1. glad to hear Daycare went well! Such a blessing being able to have your baby in a place that makes you feel good :)

    ReplyDelete