Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Friday, May 6th:
Today was a busy day. My parents are gone this weekend for my brother's graduation from South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, so they needed to get some Caleb time this morning in between work and errands. It wasn't more than 15 minutes, but they got their kisses in to last them until Monday. P.S. Congrats to Garrett Monson for achieving his civil engineering degree in 4 outstanding years at SDSMT.

Then we went to school. We walked. It was a beautiful, calm, and sunny day. Caleb loved the stroller ride. My students were VERY excited to meet Caleb. They all wanted to hold him, but we'll wait until he's a bit older. They had some great questions and had lots of fun ooohing and awwwing. Caleb slept through the whole thing.




We got home and took a short nap before my aunt, uncle, and cousin from Albert Lea came to see Caleb. My aunt and uncle are both doctors so we had some good medical conversations. Not just about Caleb and my health, but also health care as a system. Shocking how education and health care are so similar with the terms they use: standardization, individualization, etc. We almost solved the world's problems, but ran out of time. Sorry...another day.

Saturday, May 7:
We got up early. It was the first morning we actually had to be up and out of the house before 10:00. I fed Caleb shortly before 6:00 and then showered and got ready for the day. Of course I still forgot things, but we got on the road on time. We attended the Bernadotte Mother Daughter Banquet. We got there early and he slept through the brunch portion. I got to eat uninterrupted! Caleb got a plant for being the most adorable one there, even though he was a boy. It helps that he is just 18 days old and everyone loves a newborn:) Great Grandma Norma also got a plant for being the most mature attender. Gotta love the Monson Family for representing and winning prizes!!

Great Grandma Norma


Sunday, May 8: Mother's Day!
Caleb got breakfast in bed this morning:) We were going to maybe get up and go shopping before lunch, but decided to have some family cuddle time in bed. Caleb was happy to oblige and be adorable:) I got my first real smile from him. That melted my heart. I say it was a real smile even though two minutes later he gave a good toot.

We spent most of the day at Nana and Papa Miller's house to celebrate with family. We had Josh's favorite meal (lasagne) in honor of a belated birthday celebration. We had Better Than Anything Cake and Pistachio Cake in honor of my belated birthday.

Sunday even we had more family snuggle time. It's my favorite. A very nice, first mother's day!

1 comment:

  1. The last picture is the cutest ever!! I can't wait to see how big he is in July! :) Missing you. <3 Auntie Krista

    ReplyDelete