Saturday, April 30, 2011

Daddy's back at work

Josh was able to take a week off of work. That was great because he was able to come to the first doctor's appointment too! Caleb rocked his one week appointment (Tuesday), even though he was a bit irritable since a feeding was interrupted. Caleb was almost back at his birth weight, and everything else looked so good, that his doctor said we wouldn't have to come back until his 2 month appointment. His doc said that we were all doing so well with our first that we should have 4 or 5 kids. Josh and I just smiled at each other. We are very open to and excited to have a big family if that's what God has in store for us.

The next day, Wednesday, Josh went back to work. Caleb and I handled it well. It wasn't until later in the day though that I realized I hadn't been drinking as much water or eaten as much as I should have. I didn't have Josh to help refill my water jug or grab a snack for me. I had been spoiled! Josh has been so supportive and helpful! What a great Daddy!!! I'm so impressed with his instincts and memory from the classes we took or advice someone gave. He's been great at making sure Caleb gets tummy time. He's also the "Baby Whisperer." See picture:



Starting Wednesday (April 27th) Caleb has been having alert mornings. He will usually have a feeding around the 8:30am time and after that he just has 5 minute cat naps until early afternoon. I can't believe how alert he is! It's been fun, but also a transition for me. What I accomplished and the sleep I got changed too! Caleb liked the swing and Woody enjoyed hanging out near him.

Any bloggers know why this pic won't change directions even though it is saved that way on my computer?

Wednesday afternoon Caleb went to Oma's work. The physical therapists and other district employees enjoyed the baby time. We were there for two hours...being held and adored. He wore his onesie that said "I heart my physical therapist." Adorable! Oma has seen Caleb every day since he's been born. Going on 12 days today. Some times it's just 10 minutes, but it's still enough time for several kisses!


Thursday I stopped by Bridges, my work, after school to introduce Caleb to the whole staff. Again he was doted on and loved. He's pretty perfect...at least that's what everyone else says:) Below is another sideways picture (I don't know why), but it is Peggy, my teaching partner, holding Caleb.


Today, Saturday, has been a leisure day. Josh and I did some cleaning while Caleb did some sleeping. Hard work for all of us:) The family time with all three of us is my favorite. This morning we were all laying in bed and my heart nearly burst with joy. I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Things are going well, Bri...I'm not surprised. It's fun to see pictures of Caleb and Josh. It looks like you picked a good daddy! Take care, Mary

    ReplyDelete