Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 39

Nope...baby hasn't come yet. I'm beginning to feel like giving up on anticipating it. Josh said, "I'm ready to start planning the graduation party to take place in utero." Haha! I know I've still got a week, but I'm ready.

At my appointment Thursday I was still unable to see my doctor since he was busy delivering twins. If I were delivering I'd hope for others to be understanding, so I just said I'd see another doctor. I saw a kind doctor who predicts I have "at least an eight pounder" in there right now. Head is down LOW, I'm dilating, and almost fully effaced. It could be any time now. I'm hoping sooner rather than later so that baby doesn't get too big. I'm hoping to do this au natural. I don't need a 10lber to prove anything, so I'm hoping he/she comes soon so that it doesn't have the time to get that big.

I've been sleeping part of the night on the couch now, and then moving to the bed. It helps me keep from getting overheated. I can't sleep in the recliner because being reclined on my back still puts too much of an awkward pressure on baby and my tummy. I don't mean to come across as a complainer and the truly I am happy and excited. This transition time is difficult because you know "in theory" what's coming, but it's not here yet. I can't wait to hold our child...to comfort him/her...to kiss him/her..to show him/her off to the world! I just can't wait! But in the mean time more gets checked off the list, Woody gets a few extra snuggle times, and I give into Easter candy temptations. Josh and I will let you know when "it's time!" Next doctor's appointment is Tuesday, April 19.

Above is a picture of my mom and I last weekend. She had great deliveries with my 3 siblings and me. She's also a tower of strength and integrity. I hope to take after her in all ways! ...especially the "great deliveries" part ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sleeping - or not/not well - is definitely the worst part of this stage. Maybe helps break you in to the sleep change you're about to expreience.

    Wow. Almost fully effaced! That Rocks!!! I always went in and very little had happened. Were your mom's deliveries "fast" or slow? SOmetimes that can be an indicator of what you might have. Also baby weight seems to be similar. Are you still working or officially off? So who did you see that said 8#-er? So excited for you Bri.

    ReplyDelete