Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas thoughts

Mollie and Will can't quite make it 12 hours through the night so at about 5:00am every morning Will wakes to eat. Mollie is sometime after that. Usually Will eats and goes back to sleep for another hour but he most know it is Christmas. He is awake, crawling around. Since he's been awake, Mollie has been changed, fed, and put back to bed. Good girl;)

We have a small tree this year with lights up on an end table, as an attempt at baby proofing. There are a few signs of the season, but most are daycare projects. (We love Ms. Amy!) 

Working until the day before Christmas Eve was rough for me. I felt behind all of December having been out of town for Thanksgiving, so not having a day I catch up and get ready for Christmas left me a frazzled. So instead of getting worked up too much I simplified as best as I could. We have a tree with lights, daycare projects hung, lasagne and caprese salad for dinner last night, and baby socks for Mollie and Will. I'll shop the after Christmas sales for their stockings:)

We were also more intentional talking to Caleb about Jesus this year. I would tell him the Christmas story before bed, talk about Mary and Joseph getting ready for a baby, complete our advent calendars, etc. We must have done ok because Josh was wrapping presents for extended family on Sunday when Caleb walked up and asked, "What you doing Daddy?" He replied, "Wrapping presented." Caleb inquried, "For Jesus?" Josh had his aww moment:)

For Christmas Eve we open presents from family and each other. Christmas morning is just Santa gifts. It's not that I need the credit, but I prefer that Santa give stocking gifts, but Not ALL the presents. This way the kids know they got presents from their loved ones. Santa can be the toothbrush giver, some candy, and small presents. He's not the hero of this holiday; Jesus is. 

Merry Christmas! 




No comments:

Post a Comment