Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mom's gone...the Boys play

June 13th I finished a workshop at school, picked up Caleb at daycare, changed clothes at home, and finished packing. Frantically I threw things into my mom's car, dashing about. I probably had 30 minutes of time in the vicinity of Caleb and then drove away to my brother's wedding shower in Shakopee. From there I would stay overnight with my brother and then fly to Denver for a week. So back up to packing up my mom's car it was with a sad heart that I hugged my boys and watched as Caleb starred at the car as we pulled away. Josh later told me that he waved for a long time after I couldn't see him of course.

While the boys were home, I flew to Colorado to be with my new niece Kiri. My sister, Britta, and my brother-in-law, Ryan, welcomed Kiri to the world on May 2 (my birthday). She is a little thing and makes Caleb look like a giant!! She is probably just shy of 9 pounds now at 6 weeks. Britta was working from home when I got there and by the time I left she was easing back into the office. It was the perfect time to go and help out the new parents, even though they had everything under control. I was able to do one of the late night duties, wash the floors, water plants, and do dishes. I also got to hold and kiss Kiri lots, even in the mountains! Sunday I also had the honor of being present at Kiri's dedication. Josh and I are proud and honored to be this little cutie's godparents!

Here are some pictures from my time with the Fisher family:










Sadly I missed father's day festivities in Minnesota, but I made sure the grandpa's had their presents ready. Here are the crafts Caleb had fun doing. He really does like paint!


And then I got to come home to my boys...and I got a very happy greeting!

I had a great time but it's always good to come back home...to those you love!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing her with us, Caleb and Josh!

    ReplyDelete