Friday, October 17, 2014

Back at work

First off, babies are doing great at daycare. They have adjusted so well and we know they are getting wonderful care from Amy. Caleb loves them there and is quick to tell anyone they are his babies!

I'm back teaching after a long break. I went on bedrest in the middle of January and have not taught since. I did a few tutoring sessions, but nothing in the classroom. It's a lot like riding a bike and you just get right back in the saddle. However, teaching with three kids to care for at home means every minute counts every where. I pump and work at my desk during my prep and after school. When I'm not tethered I'm running around, gathering materials needed for lessons and making copies. It is constant motion. It was like this before, but it's more intense now because if I bring work home, it is not likely to get done like it did before.

When I'm home I'm rotating baths, loads of laundry, and cutting finger and toenails. Luckily Josh has taken over much of supper preparation as my brain is loaded to the max. We're playing games with Caleb, and trying to make memories of giggles and happiness with our children. It's combination of intentional activity with a few breaks to just rest. When we finally head to bed it takes us no time to fall asleep. I'm not complaining, I'm just describing our new normal. It's full of blessings, challenges, and a necessity for a sense of humor. We love our kids, each other, and the many blessings God has bestowed upon us.

But I have never worked so hard in my life. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment