Thursday, August 14, 2014

July 7-11 - the busiest week of the summer

Private swimming lessons this week. I fortunately found out about these private swimming lessons at a home in North Mankato. Caleb gets one-on-one instruction in a heated outdoor pool and I can stay or take a walk with the babies. No locker room with a double stroller to worry about. Phew!

My nephew Eli, and his cousin Sophia came twice this week to help with Mollie and Will at the lessons. It was nice to have my hands free to take pictures of Caleb and cheer him on.

Tuesday I primed and painted Caleb's bedroom ceiling. Caleb is moving to our old bedroom. He got to pick out the color we would paint it. He chose Granny Smith Apple Green. 

Date night! Our Childcare provider, Amy, gifted Josh and me a 3 hour date! 

Wednesday was the first time all three kids went to daycare for a half day. I wanted to get painting done I figured it would be good to slowly introduce them to Amy's house. I got the first coat done and my kids got loved on, despite Will having a fussy time.

My mom came to help and I got the second coat done. Woohoo! Caleb really knows how to pick a color. Bunk beds from my parents and a few random pieces of furniture, and Caleb has a new room! To officially celebrate the new room, we got Caleb a train set and made a train table on wheels for in his room. 

I think we scored! His new room is a big hit. He slept great the first night and every night since! He's my big boy! 

This Thursday we went to Songs on the Lawn too. It was great to be outside and enjoy live music. Babies were adorable and Caleb had fun playing:)

Daddy left for a long weekend fishing trip. To hold down the fort I had the busiest days of the summer somehow! Friday evening was the kiddie parade with Multiple Blessings in North Mankato. We were minions from Despicable Me. I choose to be Professor Nefario from the movie:) Oma and Grandpa helped luckily! 

Saturday my friend Molly, from Gustavus, came to visit with her almost 3 year and baby. Caleb and Ben played so well together, or sharing toys near one another. :) I wish we had gotten a picture of them. Instead we grabbed a picture of the babies who were cute together.

Sunday I got together with some friends from college at a park in Eden Prairie. With all our kids in tow we were quite the crew! So good to see so many wonderful friends!! On the way I stopped to pick up my cousin Amy to help with Caleb at the park. We got some time with my aunt and uncle too:) They enjoyed the baby snuggles! 

Whew!

Swimming with teacher Jonathan- scoop, scoop, scoop!

Swimming lesson buddy, Kate C.
Dressed for date night:)

Little buckeyes!

Sophia and Eli

A very green room


My sweet girl

Songs on the Lawn

Kiddie Parade Minions

They are looking my friend Molly walk in the room:)

Great Aunt Cheryl and Great Uncle Tom

Cousin Amy

Gustie Girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment