Friday, December 23, 2011

Good tidings we bring...& 8 month pictures

I used to be blissfully unaware of the stress that can surround the holidays. Then I got married and there were decisions to be made about where to be on what holiday, but it wasn't too bad. This year I have the baby in demand and so we want to be sure to make each event and contribute as well. Work seemed especially hectic this month and then there's the gifts for Daycare exchange and the provider. I'm happy to do all those things, but it is also one more thing on a list. But I am happy to report that it only takes a giggle from Caleb and the world regains perspective.

My favorite time of day is getting Caleb ready for his bath. I strip him down on his changing bad while he talks to me about his day. Then I pick up his cute body and carry him to the bathroom. That cuddle time is the best! There's something about the feel of my baby's skin that gives me peace.

Earlier this week Caleb got to open a package from Aunt Britta. She got to watch him open it via Skype (woohoo). He got an adorable Christmas outfit to wear. It is a button up shirt, sweater vest (I'm a sucker for sweater vests!), and black cords. Look for Christmas pictures:) He'll be wearing that to the Harjes Christmas on Christmas Day.

Thursday Caleb had his daycare Christmas Party. He got a gift from the name exchange, a shape sorter. He also received gifts from Amy, the daycare provider, a book and train that pops up balls as it is pushed. What a blessed little boy!

Then the best surprise is that Amy made gifts for the parents and had the kids make presents too. She used their thumbprints, which were adorable. See for yourself:

It's the day before Christmas Eve and I'm still finalizing the menu for tomorrow. I'm making my first turkey so wish me luck!

Here's to more smiles, memories, and blessings than stress this holiday season!

Here are Caleb's 8 month pictures:
8th stuffed animal is Captain Joshua Bear - Josh's childhood stuffed animal

Pile on Caleb...oh silly Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment